Monday, November 23, 2009

texas tea

I have decided to maintain a positive attitude in light of everything going on.

I am writing this as a sort of appetizer to whet my writing appetite. I haven't written anything in a few days and I think I need to stretch out my mind a bit. Tonight's menu is no small order: a statement of purpose. Yes, I am finally getting down to the SOP. There has been no reason to wait until now but time is running out. Hopefully the pressure of a deadline will give me some tailwinds to ride on. All one can do right now is let go, trust, and hopefully be carried away on the fancies of language.

The problem lies squarely in adequately marketing oneself. Are car salesmen naturally born with that legendary talent to pursuade, to excite, to incite, or manuver? Perhaps only a few. The others have probably developed that skill over many years of experience.

Well, I have no experience. And yet, I must sell myself for what I am to the admissions committees. I suppose this is one of those rare, rare opportunities to celebrate myself for who I am and the heights to which I hope to aspire. Everyone must begin somewhere. Let us begin at once.

No comments:

Post a Comment