Friday, October 30, 2009

cont'd.

So I gave in and replaced the Obligatos with Dominants - Silver wound G, aluminum wound D and A. I vaguely remember using a silver wound D a long time ago and felt that the aluminum was just as good if not better for a lower price. The cost of today's musical homecoming: only about $43, taxes included.

I just strung them up about twenty minutes ago. And let them settle for a second or two before playing them. They sound great. The response is immediate and I feel much better about the whole thing.

So there's this girl that works at the shop. I don't know her name, but she's this petite, quiet, and kind girl. She's got this plain jane thing going on for her and it fits her perfectly. I approached the counter and said, "Hey, long time no see. The obligatos aren't cutting it for me." She looked so shocked. I know it's a popular string but it was true. After looking over their price list I decided to be conservative and stick with the Dominant choice although it was tempting to try the Visions. She probably thinks I have issues, especially for a switch from Obligatos to Dominants, from silver wound strings to aluminum ones. She probably thinks I am a crazy person. Poor girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment